This bakery-style, soft, buttery and chewy bread is easy to prepare for your family breakfast. You don’t need any major types of equipment, just a bowl will do and they will bake so fluffy and light.
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups (21 oz) bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (7 oz) adjust sugar amount if you prefer to use less.
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dry non-fat milk powder (1.5 oz)
- 12 oz can evaporate milk (354 ml)
- 2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 4 tbs unsalted butter (2 oz)
- Used a 9×13 baking pan.Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 20 minutes.
- To get started, you will be using one can of evaporated milk, you could also use whole milk or heavy cream. Warm it in the microwave for about a minute or up to a temperature of 105 to 100 degrees Celcius which is the perfect temperature for proofing dry active yeast.
- Also, dissolve on one teaspoon of sugar then add the dry yeats then allow it to proof for about 5 to 7 minutes or until your milk starts to get foamy and bubbly. In a large bowl, add bread flour or all-purpose flour then add dry milk, the dry milk has a malt milky flavor. Add one cup of sugar, a teaspoon of salt, a room temperature egg, vegetable oil then add the activated dry yeast mixture and start combining everything.
- Once everything comes together, transfer it to a work surface and continue kneading with your hands until your dough passes the windowpane test. The windowpane test is when you can stretch the dough thinly enough to see through it without it tearing. The whole process of kneading to this point should take you about 15 minutes. Once done, oil a large bowl then place the dough in it and cover with a cling film and place it in a warm non-drafty place for one hour or until it doubles in size.
- Turn the dough out to your clean work surface and lightly flour the surface then press the air out of the dough then divide the dough into equal pieces and roll them into a bowl. Line the rolled dough into a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper then allow them to proof once again until they double in size, the time may vary.
- Take one large egg and beat it then brush the top with the egg wash and that will give them a deep golden brown color that you are looking for in bread. Preheat your oven tp 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the rolls for 20 minutes. Let the rolls cool then remove from the pan and serve.