This is a super moist and delicious cake that you will be making often once you have a taste of it.
Chocolate yolk batter
- 40ml (3tbsp) oil
- 50ml (3tbsp+1tsp) Milk
- 15g (1tbsp) Sugar
- 15g (2tbsp0 Cocoa powder
- 50g (1/3cup+1/2tbsp0 cake flour
- 3pcs Egge yolk
- Egg whites from 3 eggs
- 2g (1/2tsp) Lemon juice
- 30g (1/8cup) Sugar
- 3-8g (1tsp) Corn starch
- In a large bowl add oil, milk, and sugar and stir with a whisk for about 2 minutes. When you cannot see the oil put it in the microwave and heat it for 30 seconds and while the liquid is warm, sift in cocoa powder and low gluten flour (the purpose of heating is to make cocoa powder and liquid easier to mix).
- Gently stir with everything together then three egg yolk into the chocolate batter and stir well until the egg yolks are incorporated in the batter. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until it’s fluffy then add a few drops of lemon juice to the egg whites to make the beaten meringue more stable if you do not have lemon juice you can use white vinegar or tartar. Beat the egg whites until foamy, and then start adding sugar in three portions.
- Add corn starch to make the beaten meringue more stable the meringue needs to be neutralized and foamed it. First, take 1/3 of the meringue into the chocolate yolk paste and mix well. Try to be gentle when mixing otherwise the meringue is easy to deform. Pour the batter into the remaining meringue and stir well. If the meringue is deformed during this process, the baked cake will collapse so fold gently using a spatula.
- Lightly butter or grease a chiffon pan and line the bottom with parchment paper then pour the batter in the pan and bake in a 300 Fahrenheit preheated oven for 10 minutes, at this time take it out of the oven and use a sharp knife to cut the surface to form the flour shape then place it back in the oven for another 40 minutes. If you are not making any shape to the cake, you will bake it for 50 minutes and it will still be perfectly soft and delicious.
- After it has baked take the freshly baked cake, remove from the oven and let the cake cool down completely upside down. After 2 hours the cake will have cooled down completely. Remove the cake from the pan, slice and serve.