This is a beautiful bread that is so lovely made with little striations on it and it comes out in a round shape.
- 80 ml (0.34 cups) whole milk lukewarm
- 3 grams instant yeast
- 300 grams/ 10.5Oz (2.4 cups) bread flour
- 5 g. Kosher salt
- 30 grams (1.05Oz) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 100ml cream
- 10 sticks pain chocolate sticks or any filling of your choice.
- In a small bowl, add 80 ml of warm milk and to that add 3 grams of instant yeast then mix it and set it aside. In a bowl of a stand mixer, add bread flour, sea salt and sugar then use a whisk to mix that together. Add 100ml of cream and one egg then add the yeast milk mixture. With a hook attachment, mix it for about 10 minutes or until your dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- Round the dough then place it in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let the dough proof for 60 minutes in a warm place. Once proofed, place the dough on your work surface and degas it then divide the dough into 5 equal pieces. Tuck each piece in the middle and pinch it, turn it over and round it then place them aside and cover them for 15 minutes before shaping them.
- Brush the inside of a round baking pan with butter and line with parchment paper then butter the sides of the pan as well. Take the dough ball and press it down then roll it out to about 9 inches then cut little lines halfway of the dough to create the wool.
- Place pieces of chocolates on the other side of the dough and fold them to the sides then roll it up and place it in the prepared pan. Repeat that all the way around then cover and let them rest for about an hour or until it doubles in size. For the filling, you can also use cranberries, any type of fruits or fillings of your choice.
- Brush the top with milk then bake in a preheated oven at 340 degrees Fahrenheit (170C) and bake for 17 to 20 minutes until everything is golden and puffy. Once baked, take it out of the oven and brush the top with butter then let it cool down and serve.