When life gets really busy, as it sometimes can, it’s nice to remember there are quality mixes out there that with a little imagination can be turned into something pretty spectacular.
- 2 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- cake mix
Strawberry Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- For the marble pound cake, have all ingredients (except the hot water) at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 4″ x 8″ loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Follow mix directions, remembering to replace the sour cream with Greek yogurt.
- While cake is cooling, prepare the whipped cream. Mix the whipping cream with the preserves until medium-soft peaks form.
- Place a dollop of whipped cream and a couple slices of strawberry on slices of cooled pound cake.