I made two colors of marble by making a caramel-mixed dough and a plain dough.So soft and yummy!
- Fine granulated sugar 15g
- Water 3g
- Fresh cream 30g
- a little salt
- Unsalted butter 65g
- Fine granulated sugar 52g
- Whole egg 60g
- Light flour 50g
- Almond powder 15g
- Baking powder 2g
- Add fine granulated sugar and water to a frying pan and heat over medium heat until it gradually becomes yellowish
- Burn it more firmly than the caramel in the pudding. Put out the fire here.
- Add the warmed cream and salt.
- Shake the pot to mix evenly. Once mixed like this, transfer it to a small container and keep it warm in a hot water bath until it hardens until you use it, so that it will be easy to mix when you mix it with the pound dough later.
- Cream the butter that has been brought to room temperature with a spatula or whipper, then add the granulated sugar and mix to mix the butter and granulated sugar. Once mixed, mix well with a hand mixer until it becomes white and fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs that have been brought to room temperature into Step 1 in 4 to 5 portions, stirring well for at least 2 minutes each time using a hand mixer, and adding plenty of air so that the final volume will double in size. let *Be careful not to add all the eggs at once, as they will easily separate. If the temperature of the whole egg is 1 to 2 degrees Celsius higher than that of the butter, it will be harder to separate.
- Add the sifted flour to Step 2, and mix the flour and butter together in a cutting motion, then use a rubber spatula to mix from the bottom until the mixture is smooth and smooth.
- Separate 100g from the plain dough from Step 3 and mix it with the caramel cream.
*If the caramel cream has cooled and hardened, it will be easier to mix if you boil it in hot water to loosen it a little and then mix.
- Add the caramel batter from step 4 to the plain batter from step 3 and mix gently with a spatula until it becomes a rough marble.
- Place Step 5 into a mold and tap the mold lightly against the stand to remove the air inside.
- Make a well in the center of Step 6 with a spatula and bake at 180℃ for 30-35 minutes.
- Insert a bamboo skewer and if nothing sticks, it’s OK. Remove from the mold and cool on a cake cooler.
*Please adjust the temperature and time according to your oven.