Buttermilk pancakes are certainly the ultimate comfort food for most of us. Its’ no wonder they are a staple weekend breakfast inclusion at most homes. This recipe will have you and your family hooked as it is really easy but will guarantee the tastiest pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients i.e the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg and melted butter.
- Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently until combined-there should be lumps in the batter. Be keen not to over mix the batter or the pancakes will be dense and flat rather than light and fluffy.
- On medium-low heat, place a nonstick pan and lightly grease with cooking oil.
- Scoop the batter onto the hot pan.
- Wait till bubbles form then flip the pancakes once and continue cooking for a few minutes until the pancakes are cooked throughout.
- Serve while warm with maple syrup or other toppings of your choice. Enjoy.