Fragrant, moist, and tender Orange Pound Cake flavored with freshly squeezed orange juice and zest. This easy recipe is a winner!
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (160g) caster sugar
- 1 1/3 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup (150g) salted butter
- 1 large orange (juice + zest)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 10 x 4.5-inch (25×10 cm) loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour with the baking powder, stirring well.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and pour it into the batter.
- Juice and zest the fresh orange and incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.