- 2 teaspoons citrus zest
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh citrus juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8″ round pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine citrus zest and sugar. Rub the sugar and zest together with your fingers until the sugar becomes really fragrant. Add yogurt and eggs, and beat until combined. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the mixer and beat until combined. Add oil and mix until the batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake 35-40 minutes until a toothpick poked into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack. Glaze when completely cooled.
- To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar and citrus juice in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour over cooled cake and allow glaze to set before slicing and serving.