Serve this pumpkin fritter recipe for breakfast, brunch, dessert or as a sweet snack. Delicious!
- 500 g Diced Raw Pumpkin
- 150 ml Milk
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 35 g Soft Butter
- 20 g Fresh Yeast
- 3 ml Salt
- 650 ml Flour
- 30 ml Castor Sugar
- Oil for Frying
- Castor Sugar & Cinnamon to dust
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Place pumpkin onto baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with a
- Bake for 35 minutes until soft.Mash the pumpkin with a potato masher and measure off 125ml.
- Dissolve yeast in milk, add yolks and stir well.
- Combine flour, salt and pumpkin. Add soft butter.
- Pour in milk mixture and combine all ingredients well.Knead for about 5 minutes on a floured surface. You may need to add a bit more flour until your dough is combined, but not sticky.
- Return to large bowl and cover with a cloth. Allow to double in size. About 60 minutes.
- Knead dough (knock back) gently to return to original size. Divide into 16 equal sized balls.
- Shape into ring doughnuts by pushing index finger through a ball of dough and widening the hole until a ring doughnut is formed.
- Make an extra-large hole, because during rising it will get smaller.
- Place doughnuts onto a floured tray and cover with a cloth. Allow to double in size.
- Fry in hot oil until golden on both sides, flipping over each doughnut to fry on the reverse side. Test to see if the oil is hot enough by putting a little bread in oil. If it bubbles, the oil is hot enough for the doughnuts.
- Drain doughnuts on kitchen towel before tossing in cinnamon sugar.