Fluffy carrot-flavored hemispheres with an almond aftertaste and orange scent! An exciting recipe, energetic and full of good ingredients: excellent for starting the day right!
- 250 g of cleaned carrots
- 80 g of seed oil
- 100 g of squeezed orange juice
- ¼ of the zest of an orange
- 140 g of whole eggs
- 220 g of icing sugar
- 100 g of almond flour
- 200 g of flour
- 1 sachet of yeast
- a pinch of salt
- Clean and peel the carrots until you get the required weight in ingredients and cut into small pieces.
- In a mixer, blend the carrots with the seed oil and the orange juice, until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- In a planetary mixer or with an electric mixer, whisk the eggs, icing sugar and a pinch of salt until the mixture is light and frothy.
- Add the almond flour to the dough and mix until everything is homogenized.
- Add the grated orange zest and the cream of carrots, oil, orange juice previously blended and mix until it is absorbed.
- Finally add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix everything until you get a velvety mixture.
- Butter the spherical molds for Kemmy and fill with the previously prepared mixture up to 1 cm from the edge. If another type of mold is to be used, it is important to find the right amount of dough to insert inside, so that it is not excessive, forming a small dome on the surface.
- Bake in a static oven at 175° for 20/25 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the type of mold and oven. Before removing from the oven, do a cooking test with a toothpick.
- As soon as the Kemmy are cooked, remove them from the oven, if they have a slight dome on the surface, cover the molds for 4/5 minutes with a veil of transparent film, so that, as if by magic, they will lower, thus obtaining a flat base. The humidity that will remain closed inside will keep our sweets even softer. After the first 5 minutes, remove the film and leave to cool completely in a natural way.
- When they are totally cold, take the Kemmy out of the moulds.