This rich, buttery and sweet Cream Cheese Pound Cake is everyone’s favorite, as breakfast, afternoon tea or dessert any time of the day. This pound cake recipe is a keeper, bake it today!
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups or 340 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. (1 bar/226 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. With mixer on low, add flour and salt in two additions, beating until just combined.
- Generously coat two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2- by-2 1/2-inch loaf pans (1 1/2 quarts each) with cooking spray; immediately pour in batter (pan will seem full). Tap pans on work surface to eliminate any large air bubbles.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out almost clean, 60 to 75 minutes (if the tops begin to brown too quickly, tent with aluminum foil).
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Turn out the cakes; cool completely, with top sides up, on a wire rack.