Is there anything better than a home baked cake that floods your kitchen with its delicious aroma? Why, yes there is! This vegan home baked cake featuring an in-season fruit. Baking without butter, eggs and milk sounds like a challenge, but after trying this recipe, you’d strongly disagree.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oranges
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- Preheat the oven at 180-degrees Celsius.
- Grease a bundt pan with oil and flour. Keep aside.
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix sugar.
- Grate zest from oranges, and keep aside.
- Squeeze out fresh juice and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together orange juice, zest, olive oil and water.
- To this wet mixture, add dry ingredients bit by bit alongside whisking to ensure there are no lumps, till it forms a smooth batter.
- Pour into the bundt pan and shove into oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean. Take out and place on a cooling rack to come to room temperature before unmolding.