Moist and delicious cake speckled with the colors of the rainbow. Try this delicious Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake that is a hit with kids and adults alike.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup curd
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup mixed fruit (tutti frutti)
- In a large bowl, mix together the curd, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well and keep aside for about 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the tutti frutti with a tablespoon of whole wheat flour until it is well coated. This ensures that the tutti frutti doesn’t settle to the bottom of the cake. Keep aside.
- Sift the all-purpose flour twice to incorporate the air.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 170 degrees celcius.
- Add the oil, vanilla essence, and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Gently fold in the flour in batches so that it forms a smooth batter.Finally, add in the tutti frutti and mix well.
- Line the baking tin with parchment paper. Pour in the batter and tap a few times so that the batter settles down.
- Bake the cake at 170 degrees celcius for 50 minutes. Check with a toothpick if the cake is cooked after 40 minutes. The cooking time varies depending on the oven.
- Move it to a rack and allow it to cool completely.
- Remove to a plate and slice it as desired. The Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake is ready to serve.