With Christmas quickly approaching, what better time to whip out freshly baked cookies and milk as you enjoy quality time with your loved ones! These cookies are incredibly tasty and a personal favorite of mine. The coconut oil gives them an incredible depth of flavor, enticing smell and certainly adds in a few health benefits too.
- 2 ½ Cups of All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup of Sugar
- ½ Cup of Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Essence
- 2 Cups of Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a mixing bowl, add brown, white sugar and coconut oil and whisk till evenly mixed.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue mixing
- Then add the vanilla essence, mix and set aside.
- In another bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix together
- Then pour the flour/baking powder/baking soda mixture into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the mixtures till uniformly combined
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Let the dough chill in the fridge for half an hour.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper and scoop the dough in.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 180c for 12 – 15 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, let the cookies cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes.
- Coconut oil chocolate chip cookies are ready to serve.