If chicken fried rice is one of your favorite dishes at Asian-style restaurants, try my easy version at home! It has all the traditional ingredients like nutty rice, tender-crisp veggies, juicy chicken, and hearty spices. In about 45 minutes, you can create an Asian masterpiece that will make you forget take-out.
- 2 Cups White Rice
- 4 Cups Water
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pound Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breasts (Diced)
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Large Eggs (Beaten)1 Cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper (Seeded & Diced)
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until water is evaporated and rice is tender, about 18-20 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil and add diced chicken, diced onion, diced pepper. 1 tablespoon soy sauce and garlic. Saute until chicken is no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok and fry the egg until completely done, about 1-2 minutes. Roughly chop the egg and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the wok and combine cooled rice, chicken & vegetable mixture, frozen peas, remaining soy sauce, pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Saute until heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the egg and serve with a sprinkle of green onions or cilantro if desired.