This homemade Naan Bread is soft, pillowy, full of little bubbles and absolutely delicious. Preparing this yummy flatbread is so quick and easy but the end result is mouth watering. This is certainly one of my very favorite yeast bread recipes.
Naan bread goes amazingly with practically every meal but pairs especially well with curry dishes.
- 2 ½ -3cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup warm water
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and allow to let sit for five minutes or till bubbly.
- Add in the olive oil, yogurt, egg, salt and 2 cups of flour then stir until the dough starts to form and add more flour if you need until the dough is soft and well-formed.
- Then transfer to a floured work surface and knead for a few minutes until smooth.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover then place in a warm place and allow to rise until it doubles over in size.
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat.
- Cut the dough into eight pieces, and on a floured surface, roll out each piece into a 6″ circle.
- Add a little oil or non-stick spray to the skillet and cook each rolled out piece for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip over and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Brush the top of each naan with melted butter. I added a little parsley to my butter, but that is optional.
- Repeat step 8,9 and 10 for the remaining pieces of rolled out dough.
- Serve and enjoy.