Cheese and pineapple is a classic retro combination. Upgrade your lunchtime with an oozy cheese toastie recipe with a juicy pineapple and chilli twist. Ready in just 10 mins, indulgent sarnies don’t come better than this.
- 70g tinned pineapple chunks (drained weight)
- 100g Cathedral City Mature Cheddar, grated
- 10g fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 4 tsp Tesco Finest chilli relish
- Dice the pineapple chunks, then mix in a bowl with the cheese and coriander leaves. Butter 1 side of each of the slices of bread, then turn over so the buttered sides are facing down. Divide the cheese mixture between 2 slices. Spread the chilli relish over the remaining 2 slices and sandwich on top, buttered-side up.
- Transfer to a sandwich toaster or hot frying pan and cook (turning and pressing down with a fish slice if using a pan) until golden and melted.