Put the Dough at warm place ferment for about 150 minutes，Temperature28-29°C, Preheat the Oven at 170°C (340°F) convection bake for 25 minutes.
- 1. Dough:
- 80g Cake Flour 10Tbsp
- 240g Bread Flour 1,1/2cup+1/2tbsp
- 1pc Egg 55g
- 5g Instant Yeast 1/2tbsp
- 3g Salt 1/2tsp
- 50g Sugar 4tbsp
- 150g Ice Milk 1/2cup+2tbsp
- 30g Unsalted Butter 2.11tbsp
- 2. Butter Piece :
- 120g Unsalted Butter 1/2cup+1/2tbsp
- 3. Others ：
- Bread flour
- Whole egg liquid
- Nonstick Pan size : 8.9″x4.4″x2.2″/22.8×11.3×5.8cm
- This recipe is relatively simple, adding cake flour will make the bread softer. This step needs to pay attention to the water content of the dough, because this dough should be a certain degree of support, so the water content is not large, and the liquid content of 320g flour is 55+150g milk. If the dough is kneaded by the cook machine, it needs to be out of the film. Because the dough is not very soft, it is recommended to knead the dough at the KA2 level. Finally, the dough needs to be frozen in the freezer for 30 minutes, so that the hardness of the dough and butter can be almost the same, and it will be easy to roll out after 30 minutes.
- The butter piece needed is generally 1/2 the size of the dough. I rolled them into a 15x20cm rectangle according to the size of the oil paper I bought. In fact, the shape can be determined according to your own situation. The butter piece are best to prepare after the dough, and then put it in the refrigerator for a while, no more than 30 minutes. and it can be bend when you take it out, so that the butter piece is easy to roll out with the dough.
- When making the pastry dough, it should be folded twice. After folding, put it in the refrigerator and relax for 20 minutes. If it is made in the summer, it needs to be freeze for 20 minutes. If you are interested, you can check the video I posted before.
- It is better to use a utility knife when cutting, so that the cut cross-section has a clear texture. You can also use a sharp knife to cut it. If it is summer, it is recommended to put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before cutting. The cut strip size is about 4x30cm, 4 strips in total.
- The best temperature for bread fermentation is 28-29 degrees Celsius, not more than 30 degrees Celsius, the butter will melt. If the temperature at home is low, it is recommended to put it in the oven for fermentation. The fermentation function of the oven shouldn’t be used If the temperature is too high. put a Bowl of hot water, keep the temperature of oven below 30 degrees Celsius.
- I used convection bake to bake this bread, 170°C (340°F) for 25 minutes. depending on the color on the bread surface. if you don’t use convection bake, you can bake at 170°C (340°F) first 22 minutes, then increase to 200°C (400°F) and bake for 5 minutes
Please leave a message to me if you have any questions