Sweet Milk Bread – Nothing whets the appetite like the aroma of a yeast bread baking in the oven. This white bread is soft, slightly chewy, milky and sweet.Baking fresh bread at home does not only bring rich soul-satisfying fragrant aromas, but it also delivers a quintessential home-baking experience.
- 6 Cups Bread Flour 6 to 6.5
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vitamin C Powder Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Yeast
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water and the Yeast to Proof for 5 minutes or till the yeast becomes frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour mixture, add the yeast mixture, eggs, milk, melted butter and vinegar (vitamin c powder) and begin to mix with your hands until a mass of sticky dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and begin to knead dusting the table with a little bit of flour at a time to prevent the dough from sticking to your work surface.
- After about 10 minutes of working the dough, it should become smooth and elastic. Transfer the dough inside the large mixing bowl.
- Coat it with a little oil to prevent it from drying out and cover with a damp cloth. Place in a warm place to rise for one hour or until it’s doubled in size.
- After one hour, bring out the dough and punch it down to remove the excess air. Don’t overbeat it.
- Transfer the dough back to the work surface. Divide it into four equal parts and shape each into a loaf. You can also knead the dough into a rectangular shape with a rolling pin and then tightly roll it up (as you would a Mat) into a loaf.
- Prepare four loaf pans by greasing them with oil and dusting them with flour or simply spray them with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the shaped dough inside the prepared loaf pans, cover and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, place the loaves inside a 350°F preheated oven and bake between 20 to 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!