An incredibly rich and buttery keto pound cake is made with almond flour and flavored with vanilla and lemon zest.
- 5 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 ½ teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals ½ cup sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest or orange zest
- 2 cups blanched finely ground almond flour (8 oz)*
- ¼ teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder gluten-free if needed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a small loaf pan (8.5 X 4.5 inches) with parchment paper, leaving overhang, as shown in the video. Lightly spray the parchment paper with oil.
reheat your oven to 350°F. Line a small loaf pan (8.5 X 4.5 inches) with parchment paper, leaving overhang, as shown in the video. Lightly spray the parchment paper with oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the lemon zest, almond flour, kosher salt, and finally the baking powder.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top out with a spatula and tap the pan a few times on the kitchen counter to help spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake the cake until puffed, golden and fragrant, and a toothpick inserted in its center comes out clean. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven to a cooling rack. Let it cool slightly until easier to handle, then use the parchment overhang to remove the cake from the pan. Carefully peel the parchment away and place the cake directly on the cooling rack. Cool for 30 more minutes before slicing.In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, sweetener, and vanilla extract.