Cream cheese buns are fantastic Russian buns that are easy to make. Cream cheese buns are made just like normal buns but with a cheese cream of your choice at the center.
These buns are soft, fluffy, and unique because they are filled with cream cheese. They can be served with tea or just by themselves. It’s very easy to prepare and doesn’t take much time.
- All-purpose flour 500g (4 cups)
- Sugar 50g (¼ Cup)
- Instant yeast 11g (2 ¼ tsp)
- Salt 5g (1tsp)
- 2 Eggs
- Milk 1 cup (200ml)
- Melted butter ½ cup (100g)
- In a bowl, add All-purpose baking flour, sugar, instant yeast, and salt and mix using a hand whisk.
- Add eggs, milk and melted butter to the mixture and knead inside the bowl for 10mins or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Lightly, grease a clean bowl and place the dough in it. Cover using a cling film. Then let it rest for 1 hour (until it rises).
- Once the dough has risen, transfer it to your work surface and divide it into 6 to 8 pieces. Take each dough and roll it into a ball then place on a greased baking sheet. Make a small hole on each dough, that is where you will place the cubed cream cheese.
- Add the cheese filling into the dough then brush the edge of the dough with milk.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180C) in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.