Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is like no other mint ice cream you’ve tried in the past. It’s cold and creamy with perfect chocolate chunks.
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ⅔ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Chocolate Chips
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Warm the cream, milk, and mint in a saucepan over medium heat. When it begins to steam, remove the pan from the heat. Let the mixture sit and steep for 20 minutes.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl or pitcher and pour the mixture through the strainer into the bowl. Discard the mint leaves. Pour the strained mixture back into the saucepan and add the sugar and salt.
- Return to the stove and warm over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until COLD, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Whisk the cold ice cream mixture once more and pour into the ice cream maker. Churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the ice cream is churning, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small glass bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth. If needed, heat an additional 20-30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Let cool a bit at room temperature while the ice cream finishes churning. (If it solidifies too much to drizzle while waiting, reheat for 10-15 seconds and stir again.)
- When the ice cream finishes churning. Transfer about a third of the ice cream to an airtight container and drizzle generously with about a third of the melted chocolate. Repeat twice. Freeze until ready to serve.