This bread is soft, light, and fluffy and tastes so delicious and coconutty. One food you’ll always find in my home is bread. I love it in any shape or form and this is one of my best recipes.
- Lukewarm water – 1/3 cup
- Yeast – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1/3 cup – Use more or less
- Egg – 1
- Melted butter – 1/3 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- All-purpose flour or bread flour – 3 & 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Egg – 1 – For TOPPING
- Desiccated coconut – 2 tablespoons
- Pour the lukewarm water into your mixing bowl.
- Add the yeast, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and mix to combine. Let the yeast bloom for about 10 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, egg, coconut milk, desiccated coconut, flour and salt.Mix to combine.
- Knead the dough for about 8 to 10 minutes or until it’s smooth.
- You’ll have a soft and stretchy dough.
- Transfer dough into an oiled bowl and rub the top with about 2 teaspoons of oil. Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm spot until it doubles in size. About 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Grease your loaf pan with some butter or oil and set aside.Flour your work surface and tip your risen dough unto it.
- Divide dough into 4 and shape into loaves.Place in the buttered pan, cover with a kitchen napkin and place in a warm spot until it doubles in size.
- … 1 hour later.Crack an egg into a bowl and give it a whisk. Brush the top of the bread with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle on the 2 tablespoons of the desiccated coconut. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes.Take the bread out of the oven and remove it from the pan. Allow it to cool and enjoy!