Poundcake is a dense cake with a rich buttery taste, to move to another level is the moist marble bundt cake with a ganache glaze.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, slightly cooler than room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs, just at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sour cream (full-fat)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp cocoa powder, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a mini bundt pan (12 bundts), tapping out any excess flour.
- Beat the butter and sugar using electric beaters or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs with a fork and add them a little at a time while mixing on medium speed.
- Stir the sour cream and vanilla together and beat in.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add this to the batter, while beating on low speed until fully incorporated, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure this.
- Spoon out a third of the batter into another bowl. Stir the melted chocolate and the cocoa powder into this and stir until blended.
- Spoon the batter into 2 piping bags fitted with a plain tip and pipe vanilla and chocolate batter intermittently into each mini bundt pan.
- Use a skewer to swirl the batter just a little. Bake the cakes for about 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes for 30 minutes then turn the cakes out to cool completely before glazing.