Can’t decide if you’re feeling more like cheesecake or banana bread today? Well, thanks to this wonderfully decadent cheesecake stuffed banana bread recipe, there’s no need to concern yourself with such questions any longer.
- 1/2 c. melted organic butter
- Extra butter for the pan
- 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. almond flour, divided, plus more for pan
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. granulated monk fruit sweetener, divided
- 1/4 c. organic buttermilk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk, divided
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 oz. organic, softened cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°, and use the butter to grease and flour a 9″-x-5″ loaf pan with almond flour. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine until smooth the 3/4 c. granulated monk fruit, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla, and 1 egg and egg yolk. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined.
- Fold in the mashed bananas.
- To make the cream cheese filling: Stir together the last egg, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of almond flour and granulated monk fruit in a small bowl.
- Transfer half of the batter to the prepared pan. Spoon the cream cheese filling on top of that, and smooth in an even layer with a spatula. Top it off with remaining batter.
- Bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean for approximately 1 hour. Let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.