These raisins buns are soft, fluffy and really easy to make. These raisins roll are perfect for breakfast, lunch or as a snack, they are not too sweet and the kids will love them! Follow this recipe to learn how to make super delicious homemade raisins buns.
- 3 cups (375g) All-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons (8g) Instant-dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons (25g) Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Milk, lukewarm
- 1 large Egg
- 3 tablespoons (45g) Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (70g) Raisins
- Egg wash: 1 egg + 1 tablespoon of water
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
- Add milk, melted butter and eggs.
- Mix together until a soft and sticky dough is formed. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 4-5 minutes. Add the raisins and mix until combined. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise or about 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces. Flatten each piece of dough, then, fold and roll into a ball shape or long bun.
- Place the buns on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with a kitchen towel or a plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Brush the buns with egg wash and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving: