An easy fluffy chocolate cupcake recipe that’s perfect for a parties, bake sale or with your afternoon tea. For this recipe you will need 12 hole muffin tins and 18 muffin cases.
Ingredients : 1
- 180g cream cheese. Philadelphia or any your favourite brand
- 20g butter, salted
- 20g granulated sugar, golden
- 3 egg yolks
- 50g milk
- cake flour 38g
- or (25g, plain flour + 13g corn flour)
Ingredients : 2
- 4 small egg whites, cold
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar or 1/2 tsp lime / lemon juice
- 70g sugar, optional
Ingredients : 3
- 12 large, chocolate chunks, optional
- Pre-heat oven, always bake with both top and bottom heat with fan assisted. To make sure your cake to succeed even better. It is best to use an oven thermometer and you’ll always have the exact temperature of your oven in mind.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, over low heat, Add a pinch of sea salt and milk. Turn off the heat, sift the cake flour, add the egg yolks. whisk everything together, no need to well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk egg whites until foamy. add cream of tartar and then add the sugar, a bit at a time, while still whisking, until stiff peak stage, about 5 minutes.
- Using a whisker, and turn the small amount of egg whites into the batter, mix well and then turn back the batter into the whites. carefully folding until just incorporated. Spoon the mixture into prepared cases and add chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 150°C for 20 minutes or until the cake is set in the centre.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a plate for serving. Any leftover cake can be covered and kept in the fridge for 2 days.