Follow this fast and easy recipe to create a deliciously light and refreshing lemon cake!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Grease and line a loaf pan and set aside
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, add granulated sugar and lemon zest and mix together until they are combined and the sugar is damp and fragrant.
- Add softened butter, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon juice to the sugar mixture and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth
- Pour the thick batter into the loaf pan and spread evenly
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely