Cheese cupcakes are made with condensed milk and cheddar cheese and is a popular Filipino treat. Easy to make, less than 10 ingredients, done in less than 30 minutes.
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 pieces large eggs room temperature
- 1 10-oz can condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 oz cheddar cheese (roughly 1 ½ cups)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-cavity cupcake or muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer or using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at time, beating well after each addition.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract and stir until incorporated.
- Sift the flour and baking powder directly into your mixture and stir on low speed just until combined. The batter will be thick and sticky.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese and stir until evenly blended.
- Scoop the batter into your prepared pan and fill the cupcake liners no more than ¾ full.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick or tester inserted in the middle of a few cupcakes comes out clean or with minimal dry crumbs.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.