Sri Lankan butter cake is easy to make, ultra buttery, soft, moist and in my opinion the best cake for any time of the day. This is also very similar to a vanilla cake as most living abroad might have come across, but Sri Lankan butter cake is definitely more buttery than vanilla cake.
- 250 g Butter
- 250 g White sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 250 g All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 70 g Milk Fresh
- 3 Tbsp Oil Canola, Vegetable
- Preheat oven to 170C ( Conventional oven). line two 25 x 25 cm square pan with baking paper.
- In a cake mixer (stand or handheld mixer) Place the soften butter and sugar in the mixing bowl and mix well on high speed until creamy
- Add in the eggs one by one until fully incorporated
- Add vanilla, oil and mix well
- Reduce the speed and fold in the sifted flour and baking powder
- Finally, add milk and mix until fully incorporated
- Add batter to the prepared tray and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes
- Take it out of the cake pans and let it cool on a wire rack
- Once cool down, cut into square pieces and enjoy.