Browned butter, toasted pecans, and a rich custard base make this a standout version of a classic ice cream flavor.
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- BEAT heavy cream in large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- STIR sweetened condensed milk, pecans, butter and maple extract in large bowl until blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- POUR into 9×5 inch loaf pan or 2-quart container. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.
- To toast nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan frequently, until nuts are lightly toasted. To avoid over browning, remove from pan immediately. Cool completely.