This swiss roll can be served plain or with strawberry. If you want to make this swiss roll with strawberry, you will start by cooking the strawberries. Add around 15 chopped strawberries in a pan and to that add 5 tablespoons of sugar together with 2 tablespoons of water and cook on low heat. Meanwhile, sift the flour into a mixing bowl together with icing sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
Lightly whisk the dry ingredients and make a well in the centre then add condensed milk, melted butter and a tablespoon of vanilla essence then using an electric mixer, beat the ingredients together until you get a smooth batter then add 2 tablespoons of water and continue to beat the batter until its smooth.
For baking, you will need a baking tray that is buttered or lined with a parchment paper. Pour the batter in the pan and lightly smoothen the top then bake the sheet cake in a 210 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the cake from the pan and place it over a napkin and dust the top with powdered sugar then using the napkin roll the cake and let the napkin roll with the cake and let it sit for 8 to 10 minutes.
Once the strawberries are well cooked, squeeze in lemon juice the get it off the heat. Unroll the cake then spread the strawberry layer the whipped cream over the strawberry. Carefully roll the cake with the help of a napkin and refrigerate the cake for 30 minutes. Slice the cake and serve. This cake will be worth your time. Enjoy.
- 15 Strawberries, chopped
- 5 tsp Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 ¼ cup(150 grams) Self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp (63 grams) Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 300 gms Condensed Milk
- 80 ml Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- Whipped Cream
- In a pan add strawberries, sugar, water, mix well and cook on low flame till the strawberries soften.
- In a bowl add self-raising flour, icing sugar, baking powder, baking soda and sift them.
- Add condensed milk, butter, vanilla essence, mix them slightly and let it rest.
- After 5 mins, whisk the batter, add water and whisk well.
- Grease and line a tray with parchment paper, pour the batter and spread it all over the tray.
- Keep it inside a preheated oven at 210°C for 8 mins.
- On a napkin, dust some icing sugar, demould the cake on the napkin.
- Dust some more icing sugar on the cake, using a napkin, roll the cake.
- Keep the keep as it is for 8-10 mins.
- Once the strawberries are soft, add lemon juice, take it off the flame and let it cool completely.
- Unroll the cake, spread the strawberry mixture, apply whipped cream, roll it again.
- Refrigerate the cake for 30 mins and then cut it.
- Our Strawberry Stuffed Swiss Roll is ready.