A chiffon cake is a standout cake known for its light and airy texture and also because it is super moist this chiffon cake is made in a cubed cake mould and they produce mini chiffon cakes that you are going to enjoy.
- 2 1/4 cups (306 grams) cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (118ml) safflower oil
- 7 large egg yolks plus 9 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup (158ml) whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split and scraped, or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, the baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk together oil, egg yolks, and milk in a large bowl. Whisk flour mixture into egg-yolk mixture.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer on high speed until frothy. Add cream of tartar and vanilla seeds or extract, and beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff, glossy peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk one-third of the egg-white mixture into batter. Gently but thoroughly fold in remaining egg-white mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer batter to tube pan or divide among the cubed chiffon pans and bake until top of cake springs back when touched, 52 to 55 minutes. Let cool upside down (over a bottle or on tube-pan feet) 1 hour.