Make this to wow at any celebration. The best ever pillowy soft, light & heavenly cheesecake with chocolate swirl. It’s a perfect summer dessert.
- 180g cream cheese
- 70g whole milk
- 3 small egg yolks
or 2 large egg yolks
- 55g plain flour
- 15g corn flour
- 4, small egg whites or
3 large egg whites
- 70g sugar, optional
- 1 tsp dark cocoa powder
- cake batter, optional
- In a saucepan, heat the cream cheese over low heat, add milk, stir until melted. Turn off the heat, add egg yolks one at a time and sieved flour. whisk the mixture not more than 10 times, because it’s very important not to over mix at this point.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy and add sugar a little bit at a time until stiff peaks, the peak stands straight up when the beaters are lifted from the mixture about 5 minutes.
- Folding cake batter into a whites and mix until incorporated. Pour the batter into oval cake pan 21.5cm x 10cm, deep 6cm. Use 1 tsp dark cocoa powder, mix with the remaining batter. Place the bag inside a tall cup, spoon your chocolate batter inside the bag, snip off the corner. gently squeeze and use a chopstick or whatever tools can create any pattern you wanted on the top of cakes before you bake it to get a lovely effect.
- Use a large baking pan for a cold water bath and bake in non-preheated rather than in preheated oven at 150°C for 45 minutes. Sit in the oven for 15 minutes, until it reach room temperature, typically 55°C.
- Dropping the cake pan from high to prevent the cake to shrink too much during cooling. Make sure cakes are properly cooled before cutting them. Use a sharp and hot knife to cut the cake and present individual plated. Serve immediately or chill in a fridge overnight.