The small twists made with this method have a crispy texture and do not absorb oil. They are a must-have snack during New Years and holidays. The amount of sugar in the formula is low. If you like sweetness, you can add up to 100 grams. Also, don’t change the recipe at will, otherwise the finished product may not be crispy.
- 180 grams of milk
- 60 grams of egg liquid
- 80-100 grams of sugar
- 45 grams of vegetable oil
- 500 grams of plain flour
- 2 grams of baking soda
- 3 grams of baking powder.
- Add milk, whole egg liquid, and vegetable oil to the twist bowl, stir well, then add sugar, stir to melt
- Sift in the flour, 2 grams of baking soda, and 3 grams of baking powder
- Mix until there is no dry powder, then knead into a ball, seal and let rest for 20 minutes. Knead the dough again until it becomes smooth. Continue to seal and rest for half an hour.
- Take out half of the rested dough, knead it smooth, then knead it a little longer, and then use a rolling pin to roll it out to a thickness of about 0.5 cm
- Cut into thin strips
- Take a piece of noodle, roll it long and thin, it’s almost done like this, then hold one end still and roll the other end in one direction. When it becomes more difficult to knead, lift up the two ends and twist them together naturally.
- Then rub it a little, twist them a little tighter, fold it in half again, and close the interface. The shape of such a small twist is ready
- Everything else is done in the same way
- Add enough vegetable oil to the pot. When the oil temperature is 50% hot, put the chopsticks in and bubble it quickly. Then throw the prepared twists in, turn on low heat and fry slowly, flipping constantly to heat them evenly, and fry until golden brown. When the twists harden, you can almost remove them to control the oil.