Mocha Swirl Cookies ~ Coffee and chocolate shortbread doughs make for a beautiful (and tasty!) swirled cookie treat.
- 275g/10oz Cream Plain Flour
- 200g/7oz Butter (room temperature)
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 dessertspoon Coffee Essence
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa, sieved
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a flat baking tin.
- Put butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy. Add the flour and mix into a manageable dough.
- Divide dough in half.
- Knead the coffee into one half and the cocoa into the other.
- Roll out each half between two sheets of greaseproof paper to a rectangle about 10″ x 8″/25cm x 20cm and 1/8″ or 3mm thick.
- Place on top of each other and trim the edges.
- Roll up the dough tightly from the long side like a swiss roll.
- Chill until firm. Cut into slices and place on prepared tin. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire tray.
- When cold, store in an airtight container.