Shirley temple bundt cake is a 7Up flavored cake with cherries mixed into the batter which is baked up nice and golden. It’s then poked and poured with cherry juice and glazed with a delicious sweet lemon glaze.
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3/4 cup 7up
- 1 jar maraschino cherries 10 oz, drained and juice reserved
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl mix together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs and continue to mix until blended.
- Add in your flour and mix again until smooth.
- Pour in your lemon extract and 7up and beat to combine.
- Fold in your cherries.
- Grease a bundt pan with shortening, then dust it with flour.
- Spread the batter into a greased & floured bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until center is set.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan.
- Turn the cake onto serving the dish and let cool slightly and then using a skewer poke holes all over the top of the cake and pour your reserved cherry juice slowly over the top making sure the juice gets soaked up.
- Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together your glaze ingredients and drizzle over the top of your cake.
- Top with more cherries if desired.