An easy, soft and moist Vanilla sponge cake Recipe, A base cake that can be used for preparing vancho, white forest and so on. This is the recipe that I use for most of my cakes. Once you have mastered the baking technique of sponge cake, you can easily bake varieties of cakes at home.
- Flour- 1 cup
- Egg- 2
- Sugar- 1 cup, Powder it
- Baking Powder- 1tsp
- Sunflower oil-1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence-1 tsp
- Hot milk-1/2 cup
- Prepare a 7 inch cake pan and line it with butter/oil and line a butter paper. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150 degree C.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder, keep it aside.
- Take a dry bowl and add in the eggs, beat it for few minutes. Add vanilla essence and sugar and beat till it turns creamy and fluffy.
- Now add in flour and hot milk into the egg mix alternatively in two times using a hand whisk..
- Now add oil and mix.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin and tap the bake tin to release air bubbles if any, and bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 mins or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Allow it to cool for 5minutes before demoulding it. Cool the cake completely before frosting.