Mini Brownie Butter Cake – Sinful chocolate brownie topped with rich buttery cake on top, with chocolate sauce and sprinkles! Sugary heaven!
- 140 g (5 oz.) Dark Chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 50 g (¼ cup) Butter
- 50 g (¼ cup) Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 35 g (¼ cup) All-purpose flour
- 120 g (½ cup) Butter
- 100 g (½ cup) Sugar (I reduced by 1 tbsp)
- 2 Eggs
- 120 g (1 cup) All-purpose flour
- 2 g (¼ tsp) Baking powder
- 50 ml (3 ½ tbsp) Fresh milk
- Lightly grease a muffin pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- To make brownie, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove and leave to cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar until blended.
- Add in egg, mix well. Fold in flour, mix until well combined. Spoon a heap tablespoon of batter into each cavity of your muffin pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool while making butter cake.
- To make butter cake, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, alternately add in fresh milk, mix to form batter.
- Spoon the batter over brownies, about 2/3 full. Bake in oven at 180°C (350°F) for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Let cool completely, serve it plain or garnish with fresh fruit, or drizzle with chocolate sauce as desired.