The two-tone pumpkin and chocolate cake is a sideboard dessert that we can enjoy at any time of the day: for breakfast , as a snack or as a dessert at the end of a meal. This cake, delicious and beautiful to look at, comes from the combination of pumpkin and chocolate, a mix of truly delicious flavors that enhance each other.
- 350 g pumpkin the pulp clean
- 3 eggs
- 180 g sugar
- 100 g butter melted
- 350 g 00 flour
- 8 g baking powder
- 50 _ milk
- 15 g bitter cocoa
- 50 g dark chocolate melted
- Let’s start by steaming the pumpkin for 20 minutes.
- We place the cooked pumpkin in a tall, narrow glass and blend with the immersion blender until we have a smooth cream. Set aside and let cool.
- We break the eggs into a bowl and add the sugar. Beat with an electric whisk for at least 5 minutes, until the mixture is light and swollen.
- Add the melted butter and mix.
- We also add the flour a little at a time.
- Finally we add baking powder and milk. Mix until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- We divide the dough into two parts and in one we incorporate the cooked pumpkin and blend to mix it.
- To the other half of the dough we add the cocoa and melted chocolate and mix, again with the whisk (if necessary we can add a few spoonfuls of milk).
- We butter and flour a 26cm diameter cake mold and then place a disc of baking paper on the bottom to prevent the cake from sticking. We pour the pumpkin mixture first and level.
- Add the chocolate mixture by spoonfuls.
- With a wooden stick we make wavy movements in order to create an “intertwining” with the two doughs and therefore a decoration on the surface. Place the cake in the oven and cook it in a preheated static oven at 170°C for 40 minutes, or in a fan oven at 160°C for the same time. Before taking it out of the oven, we test it with a toothpick to make sure that the cake is well cooked.
- Once cooked, we can sprinkle with a little icing sugar if desired, but it can also be left as is, so that the spectacular two-tone decoration can be seen. Let’s cut our pumpkin and chocolate cake into slices and enjoy it!