Chiffon cupcakes are a type of light and fluffy cake that is similar to a traditional sponge cake but it has more soft and delicate crumb.
- 4pcs egg yolks
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable cooking oil
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4pcs egg white
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Separate egg yolk and egg white (4pcs eggs).
- In bowl, beat 4 pcs egg yolks.
- , add 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Add 1tsp vanilla flavor, 1/3 cup white granulated sugar and 1/4tsp salt. Mix them well.
- Sift 1 cup cake flour and 1tsp baking powder.
- Then, mix them using a spatula.
- To completely remove flour lumps, strain the cake batter. Set aside.
- In another bowl, pour the egg white.
- Then add 1/4 tsp cream of tartar.
- Using a hand mixer, beat over low speed until fruity bubbles form.
- Then, gradually add 1/2 cup white granulated sugar and beat over high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the cake batter and the meringue well.
- Transfer the cake batter into a cupcake dispenser. I use cupcake dispenser for easy distribution but if you don’t have it you can use a measuring spoon.
- Prepare the cupcake baking pan with cupcake liner.
- Then, distribute the cake batter evenly into 24pcs cupcake liners.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30mins at 130°C and another 10mins at 150°C to make the top of the cupcake golden brown.