This coconut butter cake is super easy to bake, soft, and delicious with a nice fragrance.
- 4 Whole egg
- 120g/ 4.2Oz (1 cup) Cake flour
- 80g/ 2.8Oz (2/3 cup) Granulated sugar
- 1/2tsp Baking powder
- 100g/ 3.5Oz (¼ cup + 3 tbsp) Unsalted butter
- 30g Coconut milk
- 25g Shredded coconut
- Boil a pot of water first, heat 4 eggs with insulated water to about 40°C, and feel the warmth with your hands. Then the unsalted butter and coconut milk are also melted in the hot water, just leave it to stay warm.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350 F.
- Add sugar to the egg mixture, and beat at medium-high speed 4th gear for 8 minutes, until the color turns white and the volume is 3 times larger, then turn to low-speed 1st gear and beat for 1-2 minutes to eliminate large air bubbles, the egg batter is fine. Warm egg mixtures are easier to beat and more stable.
- Sieve the flour, roughly mix well, add warm butter, and continue to mix well, warm butter will not cause serious defoaming.
- Add shredded coconut, save some for surface decoration, optional add a little salt for better taste, mix well, and put into the mold.
- Shake off the big air bubbles, sprinkle shredded coconut on the surface, send it to the middle layer of the preheated oven, and bake at 170℃ for 35-40 minutes.
- Unmold immediately after baking, let cool and enjoy.