This is a recipe that you have to try, making this sweetened condensed milk cake is so simple and the results are a delicious cake that you will be baking often.
- 14 oz can sweeten condensed milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- For this recipe, you need sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, vanilla extract, lemon, butter, condensed milk, eggs, and flour. Pour your flour into your mixing bowl and add in your salt, nutmeg, and baking powder, stir the mixture using a whisk and set it aside.
- In another bowl add your butter and sugar then using a hand mixer cream the sugar and butter together until it is light and fluffy then add in your vanilla extract and condensed milk. Go ahead and cream everything together until everything is well incorporated then adds in your eggs one or two at a time beating well after each addition.
- Mix everything well then add in your lemon zest and lemon juice using a spatula scrape the sides of the mixing bowl to make sure everything is well blended and there are no lumps then mix it well. Add in your flour mixture little by little and mix with the hand mixer until everything is well mixed and all the flour is well mixed in the mixture.
- Cream to perfection until your batter is fluffy and smooth then transfer the batter to a well-prepared pan, (butter the pan and apply a little flour). Bake it in a 350F preheated oven for 45 minutes or when the skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Take it out of the oven and let it cool then remove it from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely before you slice and enjoy. It can be served for dessert with tea or coffee.