Twix Cookies are a soft sugar cookie crust, with a creamy caramel on top which is topped with milk chocolate. This delicious cookie explodes with Twix flavor and are super fun to make!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20 caramels unwrapped
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll the dough out until 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles. Transfer to an ungreased pan.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. Pull out of the oven when the cookies are puffy and no longer glossy.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, microwave the caramels and milk for 1 minute. Stir at the 30 second mark.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully spoon a few teaspoons of caramel onto each cookie, spreading until it almost covers the cookie.
- Place the cookies and caramel into the fridge for 10 -15 minutes or until completely cold.
- Melt the chocolate chips for 30 second intervals until completely melted and incorporated.
- Spread a small amount of chocolate onto each cookie. Let the chocolate layer cool and set up before serving.