This flavour combinations is the perfect way to end your year!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 9- or 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside
- In a large bowl,beat egg whites and sugar together in stand mixer with whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine almond and butter stir well to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet until fully incoporated then stir in orange juice and zest
- Pour batter into prepared pan.Bake 28-32 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from pan. Dust top generously with powdered sugar.