The best homemade strawberry ice cream recipe you’ll ever taste!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Make sure you freeze the ice cream maker container for a full 24-hours before attempting to make ice cream.
- In a large saucepan, heat the cream, half and half, milk and sugar. Stir until dissolved, and then remove from heat and let cool. Once cooled, stir in salt and vanilla.
- Place the strawberries in a blender or food processor,add about 2 cups of the liquid mixture and process until smooth. Combine this mixture with the rest of the liquid mixture and refrigerate until completely chilled (several hours, or overnight).
- Process the ice cream base in your ice cream maker, according to instructions. Process for 25 to 30 minutes, until creamy and thick. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze until it becomes a more solid ice cream consistency. Scoop and serve, when ready.