Moist Lemon Yogurt Cake (Fluffy and Easy) is hands down super soft cake with delicious lemon flavor in every bite. Made using yogurt, fresh lemon juice, olive oil and few more ingredients.
- 3 eggs, separated;
- 240 g (1 cup) yogurt;
- 60 g (½ cup) all-purpose flour;
- 20 g (2 ½ tbsp) cornstarch;
- zest 1 lemon;
- 20 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice;
- a pinch of salt;
- 100 g (½ cup) sugar.
- Whisk egg yolks with yogurt, lemon zest, and juice.
- Combine cornstarch and flour, add dry ingredients into the yolk mixture.
- Beat egg white with a pinch of salt until foamy. Start adding in sugar, while still working with a mixer. When stiff peaks form, fold in egg whites into the batter gradually.
- Pour into an 18 cm cake pan and place it into the baking pan filled with hot water.
- Bake at 150C/302F for 60 minutes.