Reinvent a classic childhood flavour with these easy cereal milk ice creams, sprinkled with cornflakes and honey.
- 100g cornflakes
- 350ml whole milk
- 350ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp clear honey, warmed gently (to make it runnier)
- Put 50g cornflakes in a bowl and pour over the milk. Set aside for 20 mins. Strain the milk into a bowl, using your hands to squeeze any milk from the cornflakes. Discard the soft cornflakes.
- Put the cream and icing sugar in a large bowl and whisk to soft peaks with an electric whisk. Pour in the cereal milk and whisk for another 1 min or until incorporated.
- Pour into 10 lolly moulds and freeze for 5-6 hrs, stirring halfway and inserting a lolly stick into the centre of each.
- Crush the remaining cornflakes to crumbs using your hands. Spread thinly over a sheet of nonstick baking paper. Remove the lollies from their moulds, brush the top halves lightly with honey, then half-cover with the crushed cornflakes, spreading with your fingers to smooth any clumps. Serve immediately or return to the freezer (on a lined tray) until ready to serve.