This Red Velvet Cupcake recipe is one you’ll find yourself coming back to again and again.
- 2.50 cups Flour
- 1.50 cups castor sugar
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tsp lemon juice/vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- red food colouring
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Put cupcake liners into 24 muffin cups
- Mix vinegar or lemon juice with milk. It will curdle, this is fine.
- Add colouring to milk and mix well.
- In a stand mixer, combine eggs, vanilla and sugar. Place mixer on a low speed and whisk until eggs are pale and thick.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Turn mixer to low. Add oil and whisk well to combine.
- Add milk to mixture and continue whisking.
- Add dry ingredients one tablespoon at a time. Mix until just combined.
- Divide batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until baked.
- Remove cupcakes form tin and allow to cool completely.