If you love cheese, this is the cake for you. This cake is made with butter and cream cheese which makes it so tender then it is topped with parmesan cheese that bakes perfectly and leaves this cake with a slightly crunchy top.
- 250g (8.8Oz) salted butter
- 170g(6Oz) / 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 150g (5.3Oz) cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 210g (7.4Oz) / 1 2/3 cups plain flour
- 40g (1.4Oz) / 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50ml milk
- 35g (1.2Oz) /4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Add 250 grams of softened butter into a large mixing bowl then with an electric mixer, whip the butter until smooth. Add three-quarters cups of sugar and continue beating the butter-sugar mixture until light and creamy.
- Add 150 grams of cream cheese and beat that in until creamy, cream cheese is the main ingredient in this recipe because it brings out the flavour of this butter cake and also gives it a tangy kick. Break 4 lege eggs in a separate bowl and add in the eggs one at a time and beat the mixture until the egg is well combined before adding another egg. Eggs give structure to the cake so make sure the eggs are well mixed into the batter mixture.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl for even mixing. For the dry ingredients, in a separate bowl, sift in one and three-quarters cup of plain flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, a pinch of salt and a third cup of cornstarch then give the dry ingredients a good mix. Add the dry ingredients into the cake batter in three additions while and mix it on low-speed alternating the dry ingredients with 50 ml of milk.
- Mix just until the dry ingredients are well moistened and there are no lumps in the batter. Once the batter is smooth, add 35 grams of parmesan cheese and fold it in. For baking, you can use a 4 by 12 inches loaf tin or a round cake tin that is greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan and level teh batter then sprinkles some grated cheddar cheese on top. Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit(180C) for 50 minutes. Set the cake on a wire rack to completely cool before slicing.